In another sign that the construction industry is heating up, Gresham Smith & Partners has expanded its lease at Grandview II to accommodate growth.
Jim Griffo, senior vice president of the Nashville-based firm, said the architecture and engineering firm has increased headcount last year and this year. When the opportunity to extend its lease in Grandview came up, Griffo said the regionally focused firm decided to add some growth space. It now occupies 11,811 square feet at the building.
Gresham Smith & Partners has been in the building, which it designed, since it was built in 1998.
“(The firm) has become identified with the ‘building above the waterfall’ ever since we moved in,” Griffo said. “We wanted to maintain that presence and identity.”
Here’s a roundup of other recently completed deals from Graham & Co.:
- Jack Brown represented the owner in the sale of a 25,000 square foot freestanding office/warehouse facility located at 802 LaBarge Drive.
- Sam Carroll represented the purchaser, Chase Lake Station, LLC in the acquisition of 0.551 acres, portion of Lot 6A at Chase Lake in Hoover. Dan Lovell represented the seller, Chase Circle Development, LLC.
- Dan Lovell and Jones Lang LaSalle represented the tenant, T-Mobile South, LLC, in its renewal of 50,882 square feet at Galleria Tower. Harbert Realty represented the landlord.
- Walter Brown represented the landlord and Southeast Commercial represented the tenant, Canon Solutions America Inc. in its lease of 7,223 square feet at 1030 London Drive.
- Dan Lovell represented the tenant, Principal Mortgage, LLC in the renewal of its lease of 4,143 square feet at The Shelby Building at Highpoint. Engel Realty represented the landlord.
- Sam Carroll represented the landlord in the leasing of 6,600 square feet to Alabama Rental Managers, LLC at 2084 Valleydale Road. Carroll also represented the landlord in the lease expansion of Berney Office Solutions, LLC by 5,876 square feet at 2111 Parkway Office Circle in Hoover. Colliers International represented the tenant.
- Jordan Tubb represented the landlord in the lease renewal of 5,040 square feet to Passport, Inc located at 3441 W Lorna Lane in Hoover.
- Brad Jones and Orion Realty Group represented the tenant, Chicago Title Insurance Company, in its lease renewal and expansion of 2,702 square feet at The Legacy building. Daniel Corporation represented the landlord.
- Walter Brown represented the tenant, CE Outcomes, in the lease renewal of 2,755 square feet located at 107 Frankfurt Circle. Harris Tynes Realty represented the landlord.
- Brad Jones also represented the landlord at Meadow Brook 1200 in a lease expansion of lease of 1,065 square feet by Dominion Management LLC.