February 19th, 2014
PRADCO Outdoor Brands’ new distribution center in Calera.
Last week, the BBJ reported on PRADCO Outdoor Brands’ new distribution center that will be located at Shelby Commerce Park in Calera.
The deal for that 263,240 square-foot transaction was facilitated by Graham & Co.’s Sonny Culp.
“The opening of this state-of-the-art distribution center means one order, one shipment, one invoice for all our branded products to retailers worldwide,” PRADCO President Ron Ten Burge said in a statement. In addition to the distribution center, the company will move its corporate office to Birmingham. You can read more about that here.
Below is a roundup of a few other recent Graham & Co. deals:
Culp and Jordan Tubb facilitated the sale of the former Booksmart building. The 37,624 square-foot facility is located at 105 25th Street South.
Jack Brown facilitated the sale of a 76,000 square-foot shop/office/warehouse building located at 575 37th Street North. Brown was also responsible for a 53,000 square-foot disposition at 160 Cleage Drive to Royal Cup Coffee.
Walter Brown facilitated the disposition of an 8,400 square-foot office/warehouse/print shop at 3703 Fifth Avenue South.
Tubb facilitated the disposition of an 8,530 square-foot industrial building at 2780 Pinson Valley Parkway.
As recently reported, Birmingham has been the catalyst for positive momentum in the state’s real estate market, according to several reports at the recent Alabama Commercial Real Estate market review.
[ Read article at bizjournals.com]
February 3rd, 2014
The SKF USA plant in Moody has completed construction.
MOODY, Alabama – SKF USA’s $4 million facility in Moody has completed construction.
The 31,200-square-foot plant in St. Clair County is expected to employ at least 25 workers when fully operational.
The plant will be able to manufacture bearings, handle precision assembly, driveline services, custom-machined seals, root-cause failure analysis, seminars and training. It includes a 25-foot crane and is dubbed one of the Swedish-based company’s U.S. “Solution Factories.”
The plant has enough room to expand by 25 percent should its growth warrant it.
Graham & Co. is the developer of the project on 3.5 acres in Moody Commerce Park. Cooper Construction built the building and DesignForm was architect.
The completion of the build-to-suit project represents the first ground-up development since 2008.
The project also gave Graham & Co. a chance to play with a new tool. It took a photo of the finished project using a drone flying with a camera.
The City of Moody awarded the project nearly $118,000 in incentives in July.
[ Read article at al.com]
January 3rd, 2014
SKF USA, Inc at Moody Commerce Park
Graham & Company is pleased to announce the recent completion of its build to suit project for SKF USA, Inc. The Swedish based company is the world leader in ball bearing manufacturing and seals. The 31,200 square foot industrial facility sits on 3.8 acres located along I-20 in St. Clair County, Alabama, which is part of the Birmingham metro area. The tilt-up facility features a fully conditioned warehouse and a 25 ton crane. Mike Graham, SIOR served as project developer.
Please enjoy this 2:13 time lapse video of the development: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W7rjJpGa_Q&feature=youtu.be
January 2nd, 2014
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama – Graham & Co. brokers recently completed a number of commercial real estate deals in Birmingham and other cities.
Graham’s Jack Brown represented the owner in the sale of the 25,000-square-foot office and warehouse at 802 LaBarge Drive.
Graham’s Sam Carroll represented the landlord leasing 6,600 square feet at 2084 Valleydale Rd. to Alabama Rental Managers LLC. Carroll also represented the landlord in the lease expansion of Berney Office Solutions LLC by 5,876 square feet at 2111 Parkway Office Circle in Hoover. Colliers International represented the tenant.
Carroll also represented Chace Lake Station LLC in its purchase of more than half an acre in Chace Lake in Hoover for additional parking. Graham’s Dan Lovell represented the seller, Chace Circle Development LLC.
Lovell also represented Principal Mortgage LLC in its 4,143-square-foot lease renewal at the Shelby Building at Highpoint, represented by Engel Realty.
Graham’s Walter Brown represented the landlord and Southeast Commercial represented the tenant, Canon Solutions America Inc., in its lease of 7,223 square feet at 1030 London Dr. Brown also represented CE Outcomes in its 2,755-square-foot lease renewal at 107 Frankfurt Circle. Harris Tynes Realty represented the landlord.
Jordan Tubb represented the landlord in renewing 5,040 square feet to Passport Inc. at 3441 West Lorna Lane in Hoover.
Graham’s Brad Jones and Orion Realty Group represented Chicago Title Insurance Co. in its lease renewal and expansion of 2,702 square feet at the Legacy Building, represented by Daniel Corp. Jones also represented the landlord of Grandview II in the 11,811-square-foot lease renewal and expansion for Gresham, Smith & Partners. Jones also represented the landlord at Meadow Brook 1200 in Dominion Management LLC’s 1,065-square-foot lease renewal and expansion.
[ Read article at al.com]
December 13th, 2013
In another sign that the construction industry is heating up, Gresham Smith & Partners has expanded its lease at Grandview II to accommodate growth.
Jim Griffo, senior vice president of the Nashville-based firm, said the architecture and engineering firm has increased headcount last year and this year. When the opportunity to extend its lease in Grandview came up, Griffo said the regionally focused firm decided to add some growth space. It now occupies 11,811 square feet at the building.
Gresham Smith & Partners has been in the building, which it designed, since it was built in 1998.
“(The firm) has become identified with the ‘building above the waterfall’ ever since we moved in,” Griffo said. “We wanted to maintain that presence and identity.”
Brad Jones, of Graham & Co., represented the landlord in the lease renewal and expansion.
Here’s a roundup of other recently completed deals from Graham & Co.:
- Jack Brown represented the owner in the sale of a 25,000 square foot freestanding office/warehouse facility located at 802 LaBarge Drive.
- Sam Carroll represented the purchaser, Chase Lake Station, LLC in the acquisition of 0.551 acres, portion of Lot 6A at Chase Lake in Hoover. Dan Lovell represented the seller, Chase Circle Development, LLC.
- Dan Lovell and Jones Lang LaSalle represented the tenant, T-Mobile South, LLC, in its renewal of 50,882 square feet at Galleria Tower. Harbert Realty represented the landlord.
- Walter Brown represented the landlord and Southeast Commercial represented the tenant, Canon Solutions America Inc. in its lease of 7,223 square feet at 1030 London Drive.
- Dan Lovell represented the tenant, Principal Mortgage, LLC in the renewal of its lease of 4,143 square feet at The Shelby Building at Highpoint. Engel Realty represented the landlord.
- Sam Carroll represented the landlord in the leasing of 6,600 square feet to Alabama Rental Managers, LLC at 2084 Valleydale Road. Carroll also represented the landlord in the lease expansion of Berney Office Solutions, LLC by 5,876 square feet at 2111 Parkway Office Circle in Hoover. Colliers International represented the tenant.
- Jordan Tubb represented the landlord in the lease renewal of 5,040 square feet to Passport, Inc located at 3441 W Lorna Lane in Hoover.
- Brad Jones and Orion Realty Group represented the tenant, Chicago Title Insurance Company, in its lease renewal and expansion of 2,702 square feet at The Legacy building. Daniel Corporation represented the landlord.
- Walter Brown represented the tenant, CE Outcomes, in the lease renewal of 2,755 square feet located at 107 Frankfurt Circle. Harris Tynes Realty represented the landlord.
- Brad Jones also represented the landlord at Meadow Brook 1200 in a lease expansion of lease of 1,065 square feet by Dominion Management LLC.
Powered by WordPress :: Entries (RSS)